Wednesday 27 April 2011

Then Came Everest...

To The Evening Standard Unit Sat Outside Highbury and Islington Station,

Back in September, when I was trussed up in my finest, desperately trying to attract the attention of a most beautiful elfin man; you decided (in your metal, littered ignorance), to stop me in my tracks.  

It was awful, MMH was in creases laughing hysterically, a random boy looked on, just about ready to call in the straight-jackets and my bambi feet were caught in the ledge.  Luckily and only luckily, beautiful elfin man remained (and as far as I know remains) oblivious to my blatant and tragic undoing.  Not the kind of seamless seduction I had had in mind.

Well...the tables have turned, unit.  I'm not the woman I used to be and, on Friday evening, after a frighteningly strong Rum and Coke in Soho, I snuck up on you, stilettoed and armed with determination to put an end to this war of ours.  

I must admit, sliding upon your freezing surface with the ease of a gazelle, felt a little like conquering my biggest fear.  There I was, atop your shimmering mountain, I had won!

So next time, when a man of such delicious beauty appears within five foot of us; and I am ready, wide-eyed and loose-tongued, to entice him further with my slippery antics, just work with me, for you will not get the better of me again!

Much Love

Miss Musing

No comments:

Post a Comment